Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Austin Kleon teaches me how to steal and fake it

This is THE most awesome-ist advice I have read in a long time.

How To Steal Like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me) - Austin Kleon
I was exposed to this article a few days ago and ever since I have forwarded it on to anyone I think would benefit from it’s humorous yet insightful evaluation of what he believes can help make us successful creative beings.
Here are my favorite take-aways: (Visit his blog…it’s fabulous!)

Nothing is original

I say this all of the time even though I sometimes like to think that I could come up with that big idea.  Read what Austin has to say about this particular theory.

Don’t wait until you know who you are to start making things

That’s right!  I’m still “finding myself” as they say. Working on the things we love, only help us to discover who we are…brilliant!

Fake it til you make it

The next time someone asks me, “What do you do?”, you know what I’m going to say?  “I’m a writer”…because I am…I wrote this, didn’t I?

No comments: