Some of the lessons I’ve learned from 2011:
- Don’t give away my gifts. They were given to me by God and are therefore, incredibly valuable.
- My heart is actually wiser than my mind.
- My words impact those who love me and yet have no significant impact on those who don’t.
- Pay more attention to myself and those dear to me…in that order. “Selfish” is not a bad word, and if it is I’ll be cussing like a mofo!
- I agree with the adage that women don’t know what they want. But I know what I need and that’s good enough for me…and God.
- I’m a flake. I will not commit to helping anyone with their “projects” because quite frankly, these projects will not keep me engaged or interested if there’s nothing “in it” for me altruistically or intrinsically (see “Don’t give away my gifts” above).
- I will try to never judge others for not knowing how to make difficult decisions. Life ain’t easy.
- The truth shall indeed set you free.
- I will honor those that came before me with all of my heart and soul because their DNA and spirits live within and with me. They are owed my life-long gratitude and love for their guidance.
- I MUST be the best I can. It is essential.
And once I was lost, I was suddenly found. Later on in this same month, renowned and attributed for the blooming of nature's bounty, I fell in love.
- I am that woman who listens closely to the whispers for their message.
- I am that woman who says “that’s just not going to work for me” (thanks Oprah!) instead of saying “No”
- I am that woman who isn’t going to put “you” and your projects ahead of me and my shit.
- I am that woman who’s not afraid of the divine path and outcome.
- I am that woman who is not out to please.
- I am that woman who hasn’t given up on love.